Bridgend Municipal Bowling Club

| Home | | About Us| | History-1950-1955 | | History-1956-onward | | Social | | Ladies Section| | Gallery 2 | | New Chalet |
| How to find us |
| Contact Us |


About Us




 

 

 

 

Bridgend Municipal Bowling Club is based at Bridgend,a town situated in South Wales just off the M4 motorway between Cardiff and Swansea.

We are a competitive and friendly Bowling Club consisting of a Men and Ladies section under the main banner of Bridgend Municipal Bowling Club. We have presently around 65 Gentleman and 35 Lady members.  New recruits are always sought and will be warmly welcomed.  In the event of a large influx of applications simultaneously, an appointed ‘sub-committee’ may need to vet such applicants to prevent overload. Plans are currently in the pipeline for improvements to the Pavilion and outbuildings and the second green has recently been brought back into play.

 

2011 season will be an important year for the ladies section. Mrs Marian Thomas (a member of the Executive committee at the club)  has been elected President of the Glamorgan County Women’s Bowling Association (GCWBA) for that year. Mrs Thomas is the FIFTH member honoured from our club to occupy this prestigious post over the past 30 years. Lots of visiting teams from all over Glamorgan will be visiting our club to bowl during this season, including the County finals.

 

The club also has an elected Social & Entertainments committee who arrange Social events for the enjoyment of members and friends. Next year will se the 8th successive indoor bowling Winter Tour held in Torquay in February. A coach load of members with friends attend a weekend of fun and competitive bowling against other visiting teams from other parts of the Country.

 

There is also a licensed bar and large screen television within the pavilion. Catering from the kitchen is run by an elected catering officer with the help of ladies from within the Club

 

An interesting History of the Club formation in its early years can be found in our HISTORY section with some interesting photographs.

 

The Gentlemen’s section was founded in 1952 followed by the Ladies section founded in 1953. The Club is ‘self-managed’ under the guidance of an elected Executive Committee of six persons who liaise with the Members and the Local Authority. Part of the duties of Club Membership is to carry out a small number of office duties during the season. This is a simple but necessary procedure to ensure the responsible use of the Club’s facilities and to admit suitably attired members of the public who may wish to play.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Family Friendly Sites