Bridgend Municipal Bowling Club



| Home | | About Us| | History-1950-1955 | | History-1956-onward | | Social | | Ladies Section| | Gallery | | New Chalet |
|Competition Winners |
| How to find us |
| Contact Us |


History-1956-onward





1996

A new well constructed,double glazed blockwork pavilion with modern toilets and changing rooms was built for the club by the local authority. This replaced the old worn out and well used hut. The building was opened in 1995.

The club owes a great debt to the late Tudor Walker MBE,a previous captain and active member of the mens section.Mr Walker gave successful efforts in persuading the council to provide this excellent building. Mr Walker passed away in 2002

Internal matters of the Men and Ladies sections of the club are individually managed by their own elected management committees,in accordance with the constitutions previously written and laid down.

Elections for new officers are held annually and voted on at the AGM held in November of each year.

The clubs executive committee whilst overseeing the way forward also acts as an interface between the club members and the local authority.